What makes a good website marketing company?
In order to help you find out who is a good website marketing company. I have put together a short list of actions which may help you.
In order to work out who is best for you, first you need to understand what you are trying to achieve.
First Some Myths
Many people still believe that just because you have a website, people will automatically find you in the search engines.
All you need to do is SEO the website and people will come.
There are heaps of easy ways to get SEO and links to your site.
Buy this “click the button” solution and for $47 you can get top spot on Google.
Now some Facts
People search the web for information
Google is constantly trying to weed out the manipulators of their search results
Google want to provide the most relevant results for the search term
Good quality information presented well is welcomed by the search engines
There are plenty of things you can do to enhance your visitors experience on your website, yes even after the latest changes.
Google changes happen often and they won’t stop happening.
What does this mean for you?
It is more important than ever to find someone who knows what’s happening (right now), look for
- Someone who has a proven track record (and can show you evidence)
- A company that is interested in your long term viability not just theirs
- Up to date with the very latest trends of online marketing.
- People who are actively discussing these trends with you to ensure the website is working as hard for you as it can
What must you do?
- know exactly who you are marketing to. That means know who you are speaking to and what problem you are solving
- Work out your budget and go for a solution that is going to give you the biggest bang for your dollar
- Check out how well the company responds to your requests, fill in their contact form and see if they reply or not
- See if they use all the social media and current best practice ways to get traffic for themselves.
- Call them and talk to them, you might get a surprise.
- Look at how they will integrate your online activities for maximum benefit. EG. What do you want facebook customers to do when they read your posts and where are you sending them.
What’s the alternative?
You can learn how to market your website yourself, this generally takes a couple of years and then with the constant changes, takes time to stay up to date.
Outsource your website marketing to some unknown company who promises the world and ends up getting Slapped by Google for dubious promotion activities.
As a business owner, I understand that it is more important to work on your business not in it.
If you really want to learn anything about website marketing then I would suggest learn how to analyze your sites statistics. Good information will always serve you well.
Long Term Approach
- Take the point of view of being the Authority in your market place and provide the highest quality information for your visitors
- Keep them updated with relevant information
- Share your knowledge
- Build a list of loyal customers and treat them with respect.
If you want to talk to us about what we can do for you Contact Us via the contact form